Friday, January 12, 2024

Bramble Blooms: Border Progress

The next prompt for the Bramble Blooms Quilt Along is "Add a border with repeat applique motifs to your centerpiece, with quarter-triangle style cornerstone blocks."

So far I have added 6.5 inch borders around to my 22 x 24 center. 



Now I'm ready for some applique. I'm going to try to work on that a little bit today. I'm not going to reveal what my "repeat applique motif" will be until I actually know I'm not out of my mind thinking of what I have in mind.   But I can give you a clue to the color...remember our first step to this series of 3 improv quilts was to pull three piles of fabrics? Well, I said all three of my quilts will have a base of orange and lime green because I have a box of small chunks of oranges and lime greens left over from anotehr quilt.   Then I will add different color accents to the three quilts. Well, this first quilt has purple accents.  So which color of those pulled for this quilt has not made an appearance yet? 


And sew on...



******
Celebrating: (word of the year)

Jan. 11 - Remember the other day when I said I won 27 FQs in a random drawing (Stashbusters UFO Challenge)? They arrived! Some are already designated for project boxes! 


 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely borders, Cathy!! I have yet to choose mine...
DH and I just cleaned my sewing room floor and baseboards [I have trouble bending and stooping so he helps]. And i need to get out my fabrics which i stashed away after the wait from the last prompt...I don't think i will be doing applique--but we shall see...
Looking forward to what you applique...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I adore the progression of your quilt top - and I'm guessing you will be using (drumroll) lime green!

Laura said...

Fun project! I am also guessing lime green! :)

Jenny said...

What a great prize 27 FQs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Super border Cathy! The Spot colourway is perfect. I must get on with mine.

Quilting Babcia said...

Great progress on your Bramble Blooms, love the bold dots, not to mention the cone flowers. Now what will you create with the lime green?