66 x 80
I used lots of bright little 3 inch 9 patches. Some were swapped. I've grown to love these little 9Ps. It's amazing what will sometimes show up in a little 1 inch square.
I used lots of different colored threads and several size 10 quilting betweens.
I quilted an X in the 9 patches and quilted about 1/4 inch around the inside of the triangles and in the ditch around the hexagons - all in navy thread. I used a quilt stencil, white marking pencil and those different colored threads...
... and hand quilted in the center of those hexagons. I'm thinking I should have stitched in the ditch around those triangles too because they kind of poof out around the edges but really don't see any sense in spending hand quilting time stitching a lot in the ditch where no one will see. So poofy it is and poofy it stays.
This quilt was a challenge for me in several ways. But I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was especially worried about the binding around a quilt like this but I persevered and got it done.
This is the back.
This will go into the hope chest as a wedding quilt for my grandson. He's only 7 but he will get a quilt from me for his wedding no matter what. I always like to plan ahead.
And that makes 3 wedding quilts for my 3 grandkids. They were all challenges for me and all hand quilted. There's a Pickle Dish for Kayla (age 11) , A Double Wedding Ring for Isabelle (age 11) and a Jack's Chain for Jacob (age 7).
Now, I need to buy a hope chest!
I'll be busy with grandkids tomorrow so later in the day I will link up to: