I finished the last of the 42 blocks I need for Grandma's Apron Strings (previously called Someone's In the Kitchen with Dinah until I decided on sashing and changed the name of the quilt).
I had decided to try some chicken scratch for the sashing and so embroidered enough pieces for 17 sashings. This morning I decided before I went any further with the embroidery that I should try it out and see if I like it.
I like it but unfortunately my chicken scratch shrunk up the gingham piece a little so my carefully planned 9.25 piece of sashing is just a little too small. I tried to starch and stretch it into submission but I think it will be a little too short the proper 1/4 inch seam allowance when I go to sew rows together. And I'll hate myself if I don't do it right.
So now I'll be ripping out this chicken scratch. Then I'll see if I can save the other pieces I haven't cut apart yet because they are a little longer but the piece is frayed a little on each end. Boohoo. It takes a long time to embroider one of these strips and a lot of white embroidery thread which is running low and I need sashing enough for 42 blocks. I also get bored after doing the chicken scratch embroidery for two or three pieces of sashing.
So I guess I need to buy more white embroidery thread and get busy. I'll take it as one of my hand work projects next week when we have a family reunion camp out.
You may not see this quilt again for awhile!