Baskets in the Hollows
58 x 72
I finished the top last December when I was trying to use up my '30s reproduction scraps. I first made a bunch of little Wonky Baskets from 2 inch squares and waste triangles. I used a lot of muslin scraps for the background. The blocks finished at 4.5 inches. Then I decided to make Hollow Nine Patches for an alternate block and set the blocks on point.
I did big stitch hand quilting with perle cotton #8 in a variety of colors. That process used up a lot of odds and ends of perle cotton.
I used more muslin scraps for the binding. And I noticed when I took these photos that there sure is a wide variety of different shades of both bleached and unbleached muslin!
The big stitching forms a neat pattern on the backing. As you can see...I was a little short on backing fabric...
...but I made do! There's always scraps to fill in the blanks.