I have finished another UFO. My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes (# 147) was to just make the blocks into a top. I did find some time to not only make a top but to get it quilted and bound.
The finished quilt is 70x84. It is made similar to the Technicolour Yawn aka Scrap Vomit quilt at I'm a Ginger Monkey in that there is a Block A and a Block B but all my Block Bs are not made of the same fabrics.
I've been making these blocks for several years - whenever I had a few 2.5 inch scraps left over from projects I would make a 49 patch block. You can see I must have made a Halloween quilt around the time I assembled a block. I tried not to repeat any fabrics except for the obvious design repeat in B Blocks. Isn't it funny though that I randomly assembled blocks and the same fabric in different color ways (blue and green flowers) that were in two separate blocks ended up right next to each other?
I like scrappy quilts. Everything goes together - dogs, frogs, ants, candy, witches, flowers, leaves, stars, hearts, polka dots, stripes, butterflies. There's so much to look at in a scrappy quilt. You can play I Spy with the grandkids. And some fabrics just make you smile. There's memories of other projects, other times, people you gave quilts to - some unknown.
I quilted it on my plain Jane DSM. Using the squares as a kind of grid I looped up and then down across two rows.
It shows up a little better on the back. I used some light blue quilting cotton thread I had in my stash. The back was a nice cotton sheet from the thrift store. The only real cost was the batting.
I'm not calling my quilt Scrap Vomit or Technicolour Yawn.
I think I will call it "It's All Good". Because it is. I like leftovers.
And now I'm off to the Lovely Year of Finishes Party.
And now that I've finished a UFO maybe I should start a new project. Maybe...