72 x 84
I was inspired by a vintage quilt I saw on Ebay that was called a Roman Stripe.
I started this in 2014 as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project. I made the little 5 inch blocks from 1.5 inch squares in the color of the month and 1.5 inch strips of muslin.
The blocks were then sewn into 10 inch squares and sashed.
I hand quilted in yellow and black perle #8 going in different directions. The red cornerstones were quilted in red. And hey...it looks like I forgot to finish that row of muslin in the bottom right. Sheesh!
For the backing I used another checkered print. And as you can see the binding is a solid red. I thought I put aside a piece of that red with roses cornerstone fabric; however, I can't find it. I'm sure it will turn up today now that I've finished the quilt.
for Q3 Finish-Along
(Not sure if the Finish-Along is still active or not but my goals are still goals)
I definitely won't be hand quilting today on this but I do have some other hand work projects I will be working on. Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.
Lots of scraps were used in the making of this quilt so also linking up to