Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Third Quarter Finish-A-Long Goals

 Time to declare goals again for Finish-A-Long Third Quarter. I don't always meet my goals but I do advance the quilts listed as goals further along.  I always think it's a good idea to have goals. 

1. Roman Stripe - needs quilting. Thinking hand quilting with perle #8 right now.  I have a couple of spools of yellow thread but haven't found a backing yet. 
 2. Coin Toss - need to find a backing and get it quilted. I'm thinking machine quilting in rainbow colors at this point. I want to get this finished for the farmer's wife widow who lives with her son down the road. She is ailing. 
3. Selvage Yard - need to find a backing and get it quilted. I'm thinking fmq on my dsm.

4. Rosebud.  Need to find backing then get it quilted. I'm thinking of quilting on my DSM. 

5. STARZ. Blocks from a really, really, really, really old swap. Needs sashing and top made then quilted. 


6. Snowball's Chance. I've got it pinned to the backing. It needs some machine and hand quilting. 

7-12 Donation Quilts matched up with their backings. They need quilting and binding. 

13. A really, really, really, really old mystery quilt. I THINK it is pinned to the backing and I just need to get it quilted. 

14. Old MacDonald Mystery Sampler. Need to find backing then I'm going to hand quilt. 

15. Butterflies. Need to find backing. I'm tending toward hand quilting this one. 


16 - 17. Finish 2 I Spy ABC quilts.  I've already finished two of four. Lots of family babies due this year!

18. 30's Chunky Churn Dash from swap. I think I'll combine with a calico spools swap. Need to make top and finish. 

19. Floral Chunky Churn Dash Swap. Combining with butterfly (scrap) snowballs. Need to make top after I make more snowballs. And then need to finish. 

20. Fall Chunk Churn Dash from swap. Combining with framed four patches and flying geese. Need to make lots more flying geese and then find backing and finish. 

21. MoROSE Garden. Need to find backing and get quilted. Not sure how I'm going to quilt it at this point. 

It's always good to have goals!
Good luck on yours!

15 comments:

audrey said...

You are always an inspiration the way you continually advance your goals! So much good quilting stuff around here.:)

Julierose said...

Beautiful quilts--I like them all...;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat scrappy quilts - and so many!!

Christa said...

Wow. You are a busy and creative lady. Love especially your mystery quilt. Super great job!

Nann said...

What an ambitious list! I like your waffle stamps (the top quilt) -- it may be time to revisit that design . . .

Nancy said...

I think you must sew at super-human speed. You always have a ton of quilts to show, and blocks, too. I really like the chunky churndash and spools layout. It is not one I would have thought to try but it creates a wonderful secondary pattern.

Linda said...

Good heavens, what a list! I'm exhausted reading t! Seriously, what a wonderful collection of beautiful quilts -can't wait to see the finishes as they appear in your posts.

margaret said...

so many quilts made in the last 3 months amazing. Backings can be a problem, I now buy duvets in the sale and they usually work for 2 quilts though most are not 100% cotton also sheets though they are harder to find as most seem to be of the fitted variety these fays.. Coin toss I think is my favourite followed by Old Macdonald mystery sampler also liking how you have put together number 20 very eye catching candy today

Kathy S. said...

Lots of fun projects this quarter are close to a finish. LOVE what you did with the snowflake blocks for Snowball's Chance. Happy finishing.

Quilting Babcia said...

An amazing choice of gorgeous scrappy tops. It must be hard choosing which one to quilt first.

gayle said...

And then what are you going to finish NEXT week?
(You are a quilting Force of Nature, woman!)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

So many great quilt tops to choose from. The snowball's chance is my favorite, but many others are right behind.

Kate said...

Very fun projects! Good luck with your goals for third quarter. I agree with you though, even if you don't get to finishes, progress is still appreciated.

Nicky said...

Wow that is quite a list! Love that last one in particular

Jayna Sewell said...

I LOVE your butterfly quilt! I have never seen one like this before. Do you mind telling what pattern it is?