Friday, January 19, 2024

A Monkey Wrench Finish

Monkey Wrench
42 x 42
It's a finish!

For a couple of years I made Monkey Wrench blocks in three different sizes as one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects. Toward the end of last year I started putting blocks together into donation quilts but got a little sidetracked when my hubby became ill.  So far I have completed 4 tops from the 7.5 inch (finished) Monkey Wrench blocks. This is one of the smallest and the first to be finished from that group. 

I used some of the lighter blue and gray blocks for this one. Then I added borders to make it a little larger. I added HSTs in the corners to make the borders look similar to Monkey Wrench block. 

The back has some glow in the dark sheep - the last of a fun piece of fabric from a friend. And the binding is a blue and white plaidish fabric. 

And sew on...



****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Jan. 18 - Quilty Hugs. I shipped 5 donation quilts to Ann. She is a coordinator for both Wrap-A-Smile  and Quilts Beyond Borders.   I let her decide which program needs them the most.   When I went to link up to Quilts Beyond Borders I saw a few of my previously donated quilts in yesterday's blog post. And now I know which groups of children will be receiving one of my quilty hugs! 

 

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt, a child is going to love this, especially the glow in the dark sheep!

Linda said...

I love this little quilt! Very clever way to make the cornerstones with the borders! Very satisfying for you to know what happened to your previous delivery of quilts.

Julierose said...

Your blue Monkey Wrench quilt is so pretty--love the sheep backing, too!!
You certainly make a load of donation quilts--heartwarming to the recipients I am sure--nice work hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Another lovely quilt, and such a fun backing.

Laura said...

Now that is a fun celebration! :)

Vivian said...

Very cute and soft looking! Glow in the dark sheep? Some kid is going to thrill to that!

Pamela Arbour said...

That is certainly cause for celebration. That quilt is looking for a baby to hug and cherish. You displayed it well. I love everything you do.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a sweet donation quilt, Cathy. Congrats on finishing it up and getting a batch of quilts shipped off!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cool finish! How net to see who got your quilts - that has to make you feel good!

mangozz said...

Your Monkey Wrench quilt looks so comfortable and inviting already. Some little kiddo is going to love that backing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

A beautiful finish to this quilt. So glad you were able to get those quilts to those who need them.