Monday, January 29, 2024

And Then There Were Twelve







I have all twelve of my Stars finished and ready for the pink background to be added.  The quilt is from the book Scrappy Firework Quilts by Edyta Sitar and she calls it Bluberry Farm. I'm calling mine Peace Patch. 

Whew! It was close on that brown batik fabric with peace signs! I had less than the pattern called for and so thought I might have to piece together some of the scraps. 

And sew on...


******
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Jan. 28 -Celebrating scraps! The postman dropped off a medium flat rate box Saturday evening. On Sunday most of the box was processed. Some scraps went into project bags and boxes and some went into scrap bags kept by color. I love scraps! I also love quilty friends with scraps! And I do have a few quilty friends I love that send backing pieces once in awhile too.  Yes, celebrating scraps and friends with scraps and scrappy comfort quilts!  I get by with a little help from my friends. 


 

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love scrappy gifts also. And when I open a box of backing fabric, my heart really skips a beat! Lovely stars, beyond my pay grade.

Linda said...

I can imagine how much you enjoyed receiving your package of scraps. I’ve only once received a packet of scraps in the post. My blog friend Jo in Australia once sent me a packet of squares to our home in New Zealand and I was so excited! They had belonged to her Mum so I felt very honoured. Glad you finished your last star. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

mangozz said...

Your stars are gorgeous! I have never been gifted a box of scraps as I don't really have any quilty friends and I don't belong to a guild either. I do get psyched though when I find scraps at Goodwill that I can use. However I haven't shopped there in quite awhile for a number of reasons. I do miss it.

Pamela Arbour said...

You've got some nice friends. You wind up with such a variety that would be hard to collect all by yourself and you do impressive things with it. I think seeing these stars is about to give me a headache! LOL I will enjoy yours!:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are so fun, Cathy! Will they be appliqued to the background? How fun to get a package full of scraps! You are definitely a quilter who will use them.