Wednesday, January 24, 2024

A Fishing Trip and Surf and Turf



Fishing Trip
42 x 54

I'm still using fish fabric - some given to me and some I had on hand. I've been trying to get to the end of it but those fish seem to multiply. This is quilt top #5.   It's a Fishing Trip Around The World with 6.5 inch squares. 


I had to add some "water" to the mix. 



Surf and Turf
44 x 52

Surf is full of 8.5 inch fish squares and...

...turf is full of sandy beach 8.5 inch squares. 


I still have some fish fabric left. 
Anyone for fish and chips? 😀

And sew on...

*****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Jan. 23 -a box of scraps from a friend arrived on my door step! Oh, the makes I can make!
(They weren't all small. There were a couple of big pieces in there too. I don't think I saw any fish, though!)



 

7 comments:

Nann said...

Clever names for your themes! I got some fishy fabric at yesterday's estate sale and thought of you.

Chantal said...

I'm glad to see you gave the fish plenty of "water". I love those blue squares! It's a fun fishing trip! I thought I had the same seashell fabric you have in Surf n'Turf but upon closer inspection, it isn't the same. Close but not. I love how you split the border. I'm sure some children will be thrilled to get these quilts. Great job! Enjoy! ;^)

Jenny said...

Looking great!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a swimming good time for you! I just got 2 boxes of fabric from a dear blogger and am sorting it out. Super fun!

Elle said...

Super cute! I guess there really are plenty of fish in the sea ;-)

Linda said...

Great quilt. The new box of fabric looks exciting.

mangozz said...

It's interesting to see how you group fabrics together for a theme. I've never done that before, instead using colors and fabric designs that work together to get what I want. It must be great fun to sort through someone else's fabric scraps and get inspired. What a nice surprise!