Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Rail Fence Finish

It's a finish!
40 x 60

This was another Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project I started back in 2021. I think these blocks are the ones that finally emptied out my 1.5 inch width scrap bin. 

By September 2022 I had enough 5 inch (finished) blocks for this quilt. I put the completed block set away in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box and assembled the top in January of this year when the theme in my sewing space was KIDS.   

And now I have quilted it with spirals on my DSM and added a rainbow binding. 

The back is full of numbers.

And sew on...

 

15 comments:

Linda said...

Your Rail Fence design is so effective in these strong jewel colours. Lovely!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a wonderful quilt for a child, so colorful! He will be well loved, happy stitching!

Julie in GA said...

I love it! Those rail fence blocks are so much fun in the bright rainbow colors!

Deb A said...

What a fun quilt! So bright and cheery.

Sara said...

I love a scrappy rail fence. So pretty!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, I love this one! Such pretty color, Cathy. I'll have to remember this idea for all those 1.5 inch strips I have!

Cathy said...

I love a good Rail Fence quilt, and these are super!!!!

Helenchaffin said...

Your tail fence blocks just pop making for a beautiful quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

The rails are just so colourful and the numbers on the back add to the overall joy of this quilt.

mangozz said...

What a nice, bright and colorful quilt! This is something that any kid would love. You have a very big heart.

gayle said...

Reminds me of ribbons and streamers - that's a real party of a quilt!

Chantal said...

It is exactly what we need at this time of the year, some bright and cheerful colours when nature is so brown and dull. Love your little beauty. Well done. ;^)

Jenny said...

Another great finish, full of glorious colour!

Pamela Arbour said...

Another fabulous quilt with scraps. Who would know? I know it will be loved. The numbers fabric made a perfect background.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So Happy and COlorful!!!