Thursday, November 16, 2023

More Old World Leader/Enders


In late September I started making Old World Quilt Blocks using civil war reproduction fabric scraps and chunks.  The blocks finish at 13.5 inches and my goal is 30 blocks. I made 6 blocks back in September so only 24 more to go! 

I finished the centers of the Old World blocks the other day. After that I moved on to the next step for my leader/enders - 3 two inch strips sewn together and cut into sets of four 5 inch squares.


And now that I have 24 sets of four 5 inch squares I will match them up to those Old World block centers I finished the other day.  Now I have one more step - the corner pieces - I will use as my leader/enders. Then I will have a complete block set. 

I have been webbing and sewing rows together of several tops so I've been using lots of leader/enders in the process. I kind of challenged myself to complete a block set for a New Start in the same year started. I might meet the challenge!

And sew on...

6 comments:

mangozz said...

Your blocks are looking real good! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gayle said...

What does "in the same year started" mean? I am not familiar with this concept...

gayle said...

(Why do I never see the typo until after I hit the publish button?)

Pamela Arbour said...

I love your fabrics. The quilt is going to be beautiful. I really like the Civil War fabrics. You just continue to "out do" yourself!

sue s said...

That's a good way to approach a block with so many pieces. I think this would work well with recycled shirts too. I have a bunch of those waiting for a project.