Monday, November 13, 2023

Old World Leader/Enders

In late September I started making Old World Quilt Blocks using civil war reproduction fabric scraps and chunks.  The blocks finish at 13.5 inches and my goal is 30 blocks. I made 6 blocks back in September so only 24 more to go! 

Since September my leader/enders have been Old World blocks. 
My first step was adding triangles to 24 more squares as you see above. And when I finished all 24 of those blocks...


...I added one more round to all 24 blocks and trimmed them to 5 inches.  Now I have the centers of my 24 blocks. 

And sew on...

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

These are so pretty and do look "olde world" for sure....nice work
I like this pattern a lot...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Looking good. Glad you are managing to sit at your sewing machine and enjoy getting further along with older projects.

Chantal said...

It does have an "old world" feel to it. It will be lovely with all repro fabrics. Enjoy! ;^)

Jenny said...

Great work you certainly are a powerhouse of productivity!

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh, I do love Civil War fabrics. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I do pray that your husband is getting better.

gayle said...

Gorgeous blocks in progress! I'm really looking forward to seeing them grow!

mangozz said...

I love those blocks in Civil War repros! It reminds me that I haven't finished mine yet. It will be interesting to see what you do with them or how you set them. I think that was why I had stopped working on them. I had just come to a standstill.