Saturday, November 18, 2023

It's A Top! Path And Stiles

It's a top! 
Path and Stiles
90 x 90


A long long time ago I used to swap 3 inch Nine Patches several times a year for a lot of years. I love little Nine Patches and have used them in several quilts and although my stash of them is dwindling I still have a little pile of them left but those will be worked into a few UFOs one of these days. I will hate to see that bin empty but so it goes. 

I started making these 9 inch (finished) Path and Stiles blocks back in July 2021. I picked out little Nine Patches for the centers and then tried to match some fabrics from the scrap bags to the little Nines to finish the blocks. 

By November 2021 I had made 100 blocks and put the complete block set away in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box. 

Matching up points is enough to drive me batty sometimes! 

Oh my goodness...points that don't match up! Well, that's okay. This quilt will go into the collection of quilts we use on our bed for warmth in this drafty old farmhouse and points that match or don't match really don't matter to me all that much. I had fun making the blocks.  


You never know what might show up in a scrappy quilt! 

And sew on...

 

23 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

The quilt is beautiful!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, just love this quilt top and the one in your last post too. The colours work so well together!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a beautiful quilt

Elle said...

Fantastic flimsy!!!!!

Happy Saturday stitching.

Nann said...

90 x 90 is a big one! Will you add borders or leave it as is? Were the 9ps from our long-time swap?

Chantal said...

You managed to match the 9-patch fabrics with your stash fabrics pretty well. I love it. Cut-off points and seams that don't match are all irrelevant when the cold wind blows. Have a great weekend. ;^)

gayle said...

I don't know why these blocks make me so happy - they just do! Maybe it's because I'm also a 9-patch lover/collector. The finished top is absolutely gorgeous!

gayle said...

(And also it's a known fact that mis-matched points make the quilt warmer. Look it up!)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There are a lot of cheerful colors in this one so it should keep you warm and happy.

Paulette said...

What a fun, bright quilt! Fun eye-spy stuff, too. The dog looks like Spot, as in "See Spot Run." I notice the coordinating fabric is spots or dots. Clever! ;)

Kathy said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt!

Joni said...

Love this happy quilt! Had to take a closer look to see the 9 patches. What a stash and the sun just makes it sparkle.

MissPat said...

Both of these last two quilts used a lot of scraps and both look so different. What a lot of work. Matching the points would drive me crazy, but yours look wonderful.
Pat

Deanna said...

WOW! I love what you have done with the color. And such a large quilt, too.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a lovely quilt! You've finished it just in time for winter, happy snuggling!

mangozz said...

This quilt is really beautiful! There aren't many quilt designs that I am wanting to make real soon but this is one of them. I love 9-patches, making them and looking at them too, and this looks like it could be lots of fun to make. Although, I won't be able to create as many beautiful combinations as you have.

mangozz said...

I meant to ask if you will hand quilt this one?

Linda said...

This is gorgeous! Love the way you have matched the centre 9 patches with the two outer fabrics. You will certainly enjoy using this quilt during the winter months.

Mystic Quilter said...

This is a beauty Cathy, I love it, block and colours both super.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh Cathy! this is absolutely beautiful. I was very impressed at first look, but as I read that you started out with those 3" nine-patches, then I took a second look because that meant you hadn't made any larger blocks. You did such a fabulous job of matching up fabrics to make it a nine-patch block. Those fabrics look like they were made to go with the little blocks. Excellent work. Most of your seams match perfectly. No one is going to judge you if one or two are off a smidge.

Beth H said...

This is so gorgeous in a homey sort of way!
For several years I have been searching for a block to be my
favorite" block. This might be it!
The colors are so fun...scrappy yet related. you did a great job of finding closely coordinating colors to expand the little nine-patches.
I am so glad you are keeping this one!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt top!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Amazing use of color with so much movement - i love it !