Saturday, November 11, 2023

It's a Top!

It's a top!
42 x 60
SIS (Square in Square) #2 of 4

Happy SIS?
I Spy SIS?

For a couple of years one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects was Square in Square (SIS) blocks (aka Little Chips and Economy Blocks). I used 2.5 inch scraps for the centers and a black and white 2.5 inch squares cut on the diagonals for the sides and ended up with a 3 inch finished block. Well, after a couple of years of making those I ended up with a little over 300 SIS blocks.   So I divided the blocks up into a few piles and decided I could make 4 different quilts with them - four for kiddos and one for an adult. 


For this quilt I picked out mostly the I Spy type SIS blocks and then used them as the centers of Happy Blocks. 

I added the borders and made the Happy Blocks each month with scraps in the RSC color of the month. 


And sew on...


 

10 comments:

Linda said...

Well done for another flimsy. Your forward planning with the RSC blocks really reaps dividends.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another lovely SIS block quilt top, Cathy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

So much fun, I love all those prints in the centers! Congrats on another great quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is the very definition of a Happy Quilt! Beautiful, Cathy!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Perhaps your heading should be "They're Tops". That's a very impressive collection of quilts made from your SIS blocks.

Jenny said...

I remember you churning these blocks out each month, and now you are happily churning out quilts using these lovely blocks up, well done!

Mari said...

Very cheerful, and what a great stack of quilts you're getting from those blocks! A very successful RSC year, I think.

gayle said...

Hey, Sis!
That is a perfect combination block!

Nann said...

Happy Chips!

Pamela Arbour said...

Another fabulous quilt top. They are going to be so loved.