Thursday, April 13, 2023

Wonky Log Cabin Top


Wonky Log Cabin
Fields and Furrows setting
60 x 72

I used more bright strings as well as low volume strings to make this one. 

I was going to use the traditional red for the center squares but when I looked through my 4.5 inch squares I didn't have many reds but I did find 30 orange ones 

I made 12 inch blocks.


This month's theme in my sewing room is "Strings, Selvages, Crumbs and Orphans" and I haven't even emptied the string box yet. But I have also been out playing in the gardens because we have been having some beautiful weather. 

And sew on...



 

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! I can hardly believe you have a top already! Is there smoke coming out of your sewing machine, lol. I love what you did here. From the alphabet all the way to watermelon, everything is included. Great quilt. ;^)

Linda said...

The Fields and Furrows setting is really strikingu. You put this top together so fast. Looks great!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Great quilt! I use any color I want to use for log cabin centers. I'm glad you have nice weather to work outside in the yard/flowerbeds. You can sew when it rains, happy stitching!

Julierose said...

what a beautiful log cabin setting!! I love those red centers--another lovely quilt you've made up> Nice work hugs, Julierose

Preeti said...

OOh, I love this one. The orange is hot and juicy! other colors sing beautifully in unison.

Nann said...

The orange centers are super! (And how much diminished is your box of strings?)

gayle said...

Oooo! I love those big orange centers!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its Perfect!!!

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE it. I've been thinking of doing one of these as well, to help use up scraps.