Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Fruit Basket Upset


15 inch Cake Stand Blocks
or what I'm calling Fruit and Veg Baskets



Someone recently gave me a lot of large fruit and veg triangles and I immediately thought of making them into baskets so actually tried my thought out before I lost that thought. Yes, that will work. I'll make all the baskets brown and the backgrounds cream. I even have a few fruit and veg fabrics I can add to the mix.  And since I already planned for June's theme in my sewing space to be "Brown Stuff", well, I'll move these basket blocks into my June plans because I have a lot of brown scraps I think I may be able to use for those baskets. 
AND
I'll probably use mostly the red, orange and yellows in this bigger quilt and maybe make more colorful baskets on a more colorful background and only use fruits and make a smaller child sized version called "Fruit Basket Upset" because that old childhood game immediately came to mind after I made the baskets. 

And sew on...



 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I never know what to do with large prints like that - have fun with them

Paulette said...

That's a great idea! Love the bright fruit/veg tumbling out of the baskets. Looks like a fun quilt!

Julie in GA said...

That's a great way to use those fruit & veg prints!
Blogger seems to be having trouble with the comment emails. Mine isn't working either.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, what a tasty quilt this will be, Cathy!! I think the brown baskets will be just right for the baskets.

Nann said...

15" blocks? Baskets of bounty!