Saturday, April 15, 2023

After A Couple of Crumby Days...

After a couple of crumby days I saw some exotic and rare Crumb Posies in bloom.


Some purple 8 inch Crumb Posies with red and blue Crumb Posies that started blooming way back in December 2021. 

“Our lives are but specks of dust falling through the fingers of time. Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.” — Socrates.

"My life (for the last couple of days) has been crumbs falling through the fingers of time (and a sewing machine). Like crumbs in the hourglass, so are the days of our lives" - Me 

(But I have to say I've also been doing a little gardening between crumbs). 

The Hourglass blocks measure about 11 inches more or less. They start with a 12.5 inch block of crumbs.  I've been combining crumbs with solids in a complementary color.  I wished I had a brighter yellow solid to use but I didn't so went with what I had. 

And here with some other Hourglass blocks.  I can't believe I started making these back in January 2020! They have been on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project list for a long time but I've always had so many other blocks on the list I guess these got left behind. I have 8 blocks and am aiming for 24. 

And sew it goes...




 

16 comments:

scraphappy said...

It is fun to revisit old blocks. You always have so many great RSC patterns going on that is would be easy to loose track. Crumbs are always so much fun.

Elle said...

Gosh what crumby days you've been having this week! 🤣🤣

You do remarkable quilts and blocks with bits!

Happy Saturday Cathy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a cute block!

Paulette said...

I love your crumb blocks, especially those posies!

Nann said...

The big hourglasses will make a striking quilt. I've made the posy blocks several times -- Block Lotto, Block Swappers -- hadn't thought to use crumbs. Great idea!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like it was a really good Crumby week, Cathy!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Those crumb posies are the best. Love them!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love all the crumby blocks. The flowers and hourglasses- time consuming but oh so interesting.

Linda said...

Great little Crumb Posies. The yellow square centres really bring them to life, fit better with the angular petals than circular centres would have done. Good idea to make hourglasses from crumbs too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Crumb Posies! Another great idea for crumb blocks!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving this variety of blocks!

Jenny said...

Such pretty little posie blocks.

Beth H said...

Oh my oh my!Talk about inspiring!!!
I made 16 crumb blocks just last night! I am so making posies today!
I don't make color consistent crumbs....mine are made about every two months from the scraps I have generated in the past two months.
Stay posted. I am so excited!

MissPat said...

Yikes, I must make some crumb posies. I have lots of crumb blocks, just waiting for a project. But, alas, I'm not at home and when I get home, I'll get busy with other things. Let's hope I cam remember them (or that you'll post more later when I can do one right away as a model).
Pat

sue s said...

I love the violets as crumbs! And I just remembered a layer cake of purples I bought. (I also discovered I'd downloaded the block already too! Must be a sign...)They will be "crummed up" to make this one soon!!

Bonnie said...

Fun crumb blocks. I particularly like the flowers.