Friday, June 2, 2023

Brown Stuff: Double Four Patch Top


It's a top!
Double Four Patch
60 x 72

Brown Stuff! 
That's the theme in my sewing space for June.   
I have lots of UFOs to move forward that fit that theme. 
I also have a lots of brown scraps I want to use this month.

I started making the six inch blocks in January 2022 because I had a lot of brown scraps at that time (and still do). 

By March 2022 I had a complete set of 120 blocks and then put them away in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box. 

A couple of days ago I dug out the set of blocks and assembled them into a top. Now maybe I will also find a backing and get it quilted this month too.

And sew on...



 

12 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I really like this one! So many interesting fabrics to look at! Animals, text prints, music fabrics oh my!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Great quilt, happy quilting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!!!! I like your browns!! they are a great color to work in!!

Nann said...

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it! LOL. Great top.

Julierose said...

Love the double 4 patches--really nice work hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

That SAR box must be really big, like humongous, because there are a lot of blocks coming out of it. Love this warm caramel quilt. Well done. ;^)

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very nice! I am trying to empty my bin of brown scraps too. They were never precut, just tossed in, so sorted them to sizes and am doing slabs. Fun. And throwing in a few strip versions, a few nine-patch, and the bigger ones will be plain blocks, all 6.5" with a plan for sashing. Mindless, some of it, but so relaxing after making more complex projects. Way to go!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I could have used a SAR when I first started quilting. Love that idea. Those brown blocks work so nicely together.

mangozz said...

I always loved this quilt design and the browns are so warm and comforting. This is a great leader ender project.

Preeti said...

I see Caramel, Coffee, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Mocha, Pecan, Walnut, Almond and Gingerbread! Oh wait, I see some Honey, Dark Berry and Wine too. What is this brown stuff you talk about?

Mari said...

It's not brown stuff, it's a chocolate quilt!

cityquilter grace said...

i have lots of browns in my stash as well..thanks for showing their versatility!