Sunday, June 25, 2023

Double Four Patch Finish

It's a finish!
Double Four Patch
60 x 72

I started making blocks in January 2022 to use some brown scraps. By March 2022 I had a complete set of 120 blocks and set them aside in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box. At the beginning of this month I assembled the top because the theme in my sewing room this month has been "brown stuff".

I quilted it on my DSM with diagonal lines going through the chains. I used a variegated brown thread which seemed pointless since the quilt front and backs are too busy to notice the variegation; however, that's what I had on hand that went best with the quilt.

All of he scrappy brown pieces for the binding came out of the leftover bindings box. 

And it seems I've been a little short this month on one fabric backings for my quilts. 

And sew on...


 

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Such a simple pattern but such a striking quilt! I love simple quilts, they're so pretty. Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

Brown might not be a favourite colour but it sure makes a warm-looking quilt every time. This one is no exception. Lovely, and a great way to use up those scraps. Bravo! ;^)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on another 'brown stuff' finish! It's warm and cozy!

Quilting Babcia said...

If we all had your energy level and commitment, we could cover the world with quilts! Another beautiful finish!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful quilt! So many lovely brown/tan/brown-adjacent fabrics, great pattern, and just the right quilting for it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Best way to use those. Downs - another wonderful scrappy quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oops - use those browns …

Linda said...

Great example of a Chain quilt. Lovely!

Jenny said...

And another one bites the dust! Well done indeed.

Anonymous said...

Are these 6” blocks?

Pamela Arbour said...

Love the quilt and the quilting. That seems to be a good lap size. When I finish up my larger UFOs, I plan to stick with the smaller ones.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks like a great quilt to sit under and eat some homemade bread and butter. Very cozy.

Quilter Kathy said...

A wonderful finish! I don't like brown, but I really like this quilt... great job!

mangozz said...

It's no surprise that I love this quilt,as it's a simple 4 patch and the colors are very warm!

gayle said...

Fantastic quilt! I love the chains. (And right now a little voice in the back of my head is whispering 'wouldn't that be nice in oranges? or purples...')

Claire said...

That combination really works well. And I love that block in the allover design.

maggie fellow said...

that classic pattern looks really nice in scrappy browns - well done