Saturday, June 17, 2023

Blue Stuff

This month my personal theme is "brown stuff". I took a little break from "brown stuff" to work on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color blue. Well, actually the RSC color is blue and green pastel; however, I have dark and bright blue scraps I did not get around to using in January when that was the RSC color so I chose to use them now. 

You may or may not know that a couple years ago I made over 300 little 3 inch Economy or Square in Square (SIS) blocks. Last week I turned some of the blue/black SIS into Stars.  This week I added 2 inch borders to some blue/black SIS to make 6 inch Happy Blocks. 

Most of the SIS I used last week were florals and this week I tried to use mostly I Spy. 

Then I turned some 3 inch Broken Dishes blocks into 7.5 inch Squared Away blocks. 

And then I turned what was left of the 2 inch width scraps used in the making of the I Spy Happy Blocks and Squared Away blocks into 3 inch Bow Ties for my collection of over 600 Bow Ties. 

And sew on...


 

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I spy some Light BLUE in those blocks of yours, Cathy. Happy sewing!

Nann said...

A fine array today!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your blocks, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with those bowties!

Julierose said...

Gosh you always come up with such pretty color pairings, Cathy--love those blues...very pretty works in progress hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your scraps are always color inspiring. Kind of like looking a paint chip combos. Great blocks.

mangozz said...

You just never slow down!

Linda said...

Love all your blue blocks, especially the Economy ones.

Jenny said...

All so lovely, I particularly like the cute little bow tie blocks.

Pamela Arbour said...

I always look forward to seeing your posts. They are so inspiring.