Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Pavement Pattern



The theme in my sewing room this month is "brown stuff". I'm using a monthly theme to help me move forward some UFOs as well as scraps that fit the theme. 

Pavement Pattern Blocks
3.5 inch square centers
3 inch squares cut on diagonal for sides

I received a bag of 3 inch squares last month and I decided to use the brown and cream squares in that bag (if there were 4 matching squares) and then go to scraps to make these blocks.  I also used pairs of 3.5 inch squares from my Parts Department and then went to scraps.  I've used up all my squares on hand in the making of these blocks and so moving forward they will all be made of my brown and cream scraps. 

The blocks were inspired by a vintage quilt. 

These blocks were meant to be.  At the time I was pondering what to do with the brown squares in the gifted 3 inch squares I received last month someone with Stashbusters group  posted a link to the Pavement Pattern video.   My old laptop computer does not do well at all with videos so I rarely watch them.  But I saw this one was by Beth Shibley who used to blog at Love Laugh Quilt and since I always liked her work I thought I would try to load and get through the video for the block - basically looking for the measurements for the Square in Square blocks.  And then I had a new start! Add these 8 blocks to the 4 I made last month and now I have an even dozen and something that will maybe help whittle down that mountain of brown scraps. 

And sew on...




 

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks look very nice, you're going to have another great quilt down the road. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

Very nice!

Julierose said...

I love how this came out--lovely vintage look to it;)). I have this on my list for my de-stashed "stash"--looks also like a relaxing block to make up...
thanks for sharing Beth's link for her tutorial...
hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Give you a bunch of scraps, and you tackle them with gusto! A other great idea.

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is a very soothing design. And perfectly suited to your scrap stash.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

These blocks look amazing, Cathy and thank you for sharing your measurements. Have a lovely week.