Monday, June 26, 2023

Sixteen Patch Block Set Complete

Last year I made some 8 inch Sixteen Patch blocks with civil war reproduction fabric scraps and scraps along that line like Kansas Troubles or Thimbleberries.   After using up my scraps I had 33 blocks toward a goal of 63 blocks for a 7 x 9 layout. 

Since this month my theme is "brown stuff" I decided to look through more brown scraps to see if I could find any scraps that would go well with the blocks I already had. I did. And after that I found scraps in a few other colors so I could complete my block set. For now they will go into the SAR (Some Assembly Required) box until I feel like assembling them into a quilt top.









Last year's 33 blocks.

And sew on...

 

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

These simple blocks are really quite elegantly beautiful I think. The more different fabrics, the merrier.

Jenny said...

You are doing so well dealing with your "brown stuff".

Julierose said...

You are really using up that "brown stuff" in so many beautiful ways!! I like the simplicity of just squares with lots of different shades of one color...
yours is looking so great...hugs, Julierose

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm more of a lurker than a comment maker, but am enjoying your work in browns. I've also been hitting the same scrap bin and amazed to get four quilts so far out of a 12 x 12 x 17" bin, adding in a bit of other colors here and there and pulling out a fat quarter when needed. It feels really good to use almost every bit, even though the bin will fill up again. Thanks for being an inspiration! http://elsiequilts.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

This top will look great when it’s The Brown Squares turn to be completed. The addition of another colour here and there will relive the “Brown-ness” and lift it! Great idea, Cathy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Nice addition to your SAR box!!!