Friday, June 30, 2023

I Haven't Managed To Make A Molehill Out Of A Mountain

8 inch
  Patchwork Stars
made with 2.5 inch scraps. 
Goal: 63 blocks
Current count: 6


Brown Stuff
has been the theme in my sewing room this month. I moved along a few brown UFOs and scraps but I have not managed to make a molehill yet out of that mountain of brown scraps. But I am ending the month with three brown comfort quilts in process so I am headed in the right direction.  This month I used mostly bits and pieces of brown scraps already cut to a certain width to mke blocks and have not cut into many scrap chunks yet. 



6 inch
18 Patch
made with 1.5 inch scraps
Goal: 108
Current count: 34

8.5 inch 
Pavement Pattern
made with 3 and 3.5 inch scraps.
I'm thinking this quilt will have a 2 inch sashing with cornerstones.
Goal: 35 blocks
Current count: 17

And sew on...

This week was definitely a NOT FINISHED week.


 

10 comments:

Elle said...

Much progress though.

Side by side pics of before/after the brown mountain? ;-)

Linda said...

Great use of the scraps. Patchwork Stars and Pavement blocks are winners.

Julierose said...

Love your brown pavement blocks--I am working on finishing up my pavement blocks; mine are pink, green and yellow. A terrifying triad of colors to try to put together!!!:000
Hope your weekend is a good one. hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

I think you have done wonderfully well working on your "brown stuff" this month.

Chantal said...

You got three comfort quilts out of your browns in one month? It is more than I can out in three months! And you got a good start on the 18-Patch project. Great job, Cathy! Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a lovely collection of neutral blocks, Cathy!

mangozz said...

Your 18 patches are mesmerizing and the star blocks will work up fast. You are doing 100% better than I am. As Elle mentioned, it would be fun to see before and after photos of the color mountains. I am looking forward to seeing what you do in July.

gayle said...

Now I'm picturing you scaling a chocolate mountain. Probably with marshmallow clouds.

Pamela Arbour said...

I like earth tones, so this group is right up my alley. One of these days, I hope to grow up to be like you in patchwork quilting! LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think your going it the right direction!! love all those browns you are using . you have made some very fun quilts and amazing blocks so far!