Monday, June 19, 2023

A Sunny Lanes Top

Sunny Lanes
It's a top!
60 x 72

This month the theme in my sewing room is "brown stuff". I'm trying to move forward UFOS and scraps that fit the theme.  This is a UFO that dates back to a swap that took place in 2015. 




For the blocks we were to use civil war reproduction fabrics and for the sides - golden tan and white. 




So...one step at a time over time. Now this will go into the TBQ (To Be Quilted) pile. 

In Memory Of
Victoria Carroll-Parkhill
she was the block swap hostess and self-proclaimed civil war fabric snob. 

She used to blog at Park Hill Farm.  Her husband passed away in 2020 and after that she did not do much blogging and no longer had much of an online presence. I was thinking of her when I made this post and went to her blog again but there has been no activity for years. I went searching for an obituary but did not find one but I did find a probate notice dated May 2023.  


May she rest in peace.

 

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sad story, wonderful tribute quilt. The scraps all work with the HSTs.

Nann said...

I've wondered about Vic. Thanks for your sleuthing. And, yes, she liked Sunny Lanes.

P.S. I tried to send you an email but got a message back saying, "Undeliverable. Over quota."

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt has turned out very nice. It looks like a good one for a man. I also read Park Hill Farm and have wondered about her over the years. She dearly loved her husband and missed him so much. Thanks for info!

Linda said...

I actually said “Wow!” out loud when I saw this top. I was even more surprised when I read the blocks were part of a civil war reproduction swap because I don’t generally like these fabrics( sorry, Americans!) , too dull for me. However, with all those bright pinks, the bright tans and the striking white it’s a winner. Well done to the lady who organised this swap all those years ago. You are making a fitting tribute.

mangozz said...

I always liked this simple design and it would look good in any color for the sashing. A great leader/ender quilt for sure.

Jenny said...

A lovely design, and a fitting tribute.

Nancy said...

This beautiful quit is such a great tribute to Vic. I have often wondered about her but it wasn't long after his death that she quit posting. I looked at the link you included but didn't see her name....

Astrid said...

What a pretty, scrappy quilt! Glad you decided to finish it, so far. Great tribute to Vic. Thanks for the link to the blocks, maybe one day... :)

Beth H said...

I love this quilt!
I am totally doing this for Sunshine lotto! Thanks for sharing the website with the pattern.
I am so pleased to find something to do with my 2 inch scraps.