Sunday, June 11, 2023

Visible Mending

Before I put another quilt or embroidery in the hoop I thought I should attack the mending pile because I really don't have any shorts or T-shirts to wear out gardening anymore. 

I hate to shop for clothes and since I'm retired and pretty much a hermit I don't need many clothes. I'm thankful I wear the same size I did 20 years ago so I just continue to mend the clothes I have and some now have a lot of patches.

So the last few days I've been grabbing some scraps and doing some visible mending (nothing fancy) with perle cotton thread.

I added the blue patches on both sides of the pair above.

I added the blue patch to the bottom right on this one. 

First patch on these shortss.

I added the plaid patch to these shorts. 


And now for some gardening!

And sew on...


 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wish I could still fit into clothes from 20 years ago - medications have changed my size - along with medication changes sometimes comes extra pounds that you seem to have no control over.
Cute mending

Elle said...

Kudos for the visible mending. I'm a fellow "few clothes" girl. I spent my Nursing career in scrubs except for a few years of suits/nice clothes leadership. Sure wish my size hadn't changed but I'm on my way back down (2 sizes so far and 2 to go).

Happy Sunday and happy gardening! :-)

Julierose said...

Like you, I hate clothes shopping--and since the Covid thing, I mostly buy online and it's really hard to get clothes like that I think.
Good work mending...love those pretty patches...hugs, Julierose

Karrin Hurd said...

Great patching job!

Kim said...

I too, wish I could fit into the clothes I wore 20 years ago. Love your patched shorts.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your shorts look amazing. I have a pair of favorite shorts that I need to do the same. Thank you for the inspiration.

Linda said...

I wish I could get into clothes I wore 20 years ago! Enjoy wearing the new version of your shorts.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love your visible mending! I hate clothes shopping also. Unfortunately I am not the same size I was 20 years ago. Very fun looking.