Sunday, June 4, 2023

Mooving Forward

"Brown Stuff"
is the theme in my sewing space this month. I hope to move a lot of UFOs and scraps forward that fit the theme.

I just finished 7 Brown Cows (Moovers and Shakers) to my herd. That makes 18 Cows and I think I only needed 15. Right now the layout is only in my mind. I know there will be a border so I'm going to work on it next. 


At that time I cut out pieces for 5 Cow blocks and chain pieced them. But I learned that it was probably far better to cut pieces and make the blocks one at a time. 



January 2022 a few more Cows joined the herd when my theme was "Making Brownies" (Brown Stuff). 




And sew on...


 

16 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I'm loving your herd of cows! Who would have guessed that brown could be so much fun?

Linda said...

Lovely blocks! The one with the paisley print body looks as though she is covered in giant snow flakes, poor thing, she is probably shivering. Your words Brown Cow reminded me of the Elocution lessons I had from the age of 5 to 18.... a long time ago. Brown cow was something we practised to help us enunciate the “ow” sound clearly! Good luck with thinking out the border.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your herd is awesome! Looks like a lot of cutting and sewing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your brown cows! What a beautiful herd you have created!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

How now brown cow? Love these beautiful bovines!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a cute herd! I was raised on a dairy farm, guernsey cows. The only other girl in our one room school lived on a dairy farm that had Holsteins.

gayle said...

Moo!
I love Sally's clever patterns! I've got some of her sheep blocks wandering around here somewhere - I need to hunt them up. If they were real sheep, they'd leave a convenient trail of poop to follow...

Nann said...

What fun!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You really made me laugh today with all the crazy cows. How much fun is this herd? Thanks for sharing.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh those are fun, Cathy! It looks like you can use just about any print and it makes a cute cow. Enjoy!

mangozz said...

Those cows are so cute! Somebody's going to love this quilt!

Kim said...

Those cows are so darn cute!

cityquilter grace said...

so darn cute every one!

maggie fellow said...

your blocks are so cute and moo ving.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love them all!!!
and I bet they don't eat all of your grass haha!!
so super cute!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh this fabric herd is beyond adorable... I love it! Can't wait to see the layout you are creating for them!