Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Making Brownies: Jacob's Ladder and Double Four Patch

Within the last few months I have found that a monthly theme has enabled me to move UFOs forward as well as bust stash and scraps.   Back in December I declared January's theme to be "Making Brownies"  - move forward brown UFOs and scraps. 

 My first task has been to use some cream to light brown scraps left over from my recent Jack's Chain finish.  as well as a BIG fat bag of brown scraps.  

So I have been making 9 inch (finished) Jacob's Ladder blocks as well as...

...6 inch (finished) Double Four Patch blocks. 

It takes awhile to cut up scraps in a variety of sizes to make blocks. 

But I'm having fun making brownies. 

 

13 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I am liking those brownies!!!!

Janie said...

Great progress, and your 'monthly theme' is a good way to keep focused!
Thanks for sharing.

Nann said...

And the added benefit to these brownies is that they have no calories!

cspoonquilt said...

Those blocks are great (as usual) and I like your name for them way better than my term(ugly Browns). I guess I'll have to change my evil ways...lol

Linda said...

Well done in continuing your Brownies challenge. Great idea to have a theme.

cityquilter grace said...

great blocks and idea for any color that gets passed over....

gayle said...

Ya know, my favorite color combination has always been red/blue/brown. And then a couple of years ago I learned that pink really goes well with brown. And Bonnie Hunter just finished a quilt that proves that turquoise looks fabulous with brown.
And here you are with all the browns, making gorgeous blocks!
I'm gonna need more brownies...

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks are looking fabulous. Love the browns. Happy quilting.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is the best way to make brownies! They both look so complicated but when I looked at them closer, they are so doable. You are such an encouragement. However, I don't see myself working with those tiny pieces any time soon. Maybe in my later retirement years!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Brown is so highly under-rated . . . love your "brownies" theme.

---"Love" said...

You're doing a great job with your "brownies"! They look beautiful! Keep up the good work! ---"Love"

QuiltGranma said...

Those Brownies are delicious. Love them!

Cindy said...

OK, fooled me! I thought by the subject line you were really MAKING brownies!!!! With pictures & a recipe!!! HaHaHa