Monday, January 3, 2022

Bear Paw Finish

Bear Paws
It's a finish!
42 x 56

Ready for donation!

We have six inches of snow and single digit temperatures so I decided I didn't want to venture out for my usual clothesline photos. 

14 inch scrappy Bear Paw blocks in blues and purples and a variety of print on white backgrounds.  That print with the purple flowers and tiny polka dots down at the bottom with the purple bear paw used to be a blouse of mine I made long long ago. 

I quilted it with swirls in white thread. The binding was a blue, purple and gray swirly print. 

The backing. 

And now I can cross a UFO off my looooong 2022 UFO list! 



 

16 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

that is pretty!

scraphappy said...

Yay for crossing ufos off of the list. Off to a great start for the new year. Lovely colors. Cool like the weather.

Candra said...

I recognize a bunch of those! Outstanding use! Hurrah!

Linda said...

Love the colour combinations in your Bear Paw blocks. Lovely finish. First one for 2022!

gayle said...

Very pretty bears you've got there! I do love blues and purples together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on a BEARy nice quilt finish, Cathy!!

djquilting said...

Great way to start 2022!

Sandy Panagos said...

Crossing a UFO off your list is so exciting. And such a pretty one!!!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

You are off to a great start to 2022! Love this scrappy bear paw quilt!

mereth said...

Well done! that's a good start to the year, begin as you mean to go on.

Janie said...

Bear Paw is a beauty! Good colors, peaceful and cozy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE it!!!!
And I am with you - stay inside - stay warm!!

audrey said...

Lovely, lovely quilt. This is an old favorite of mine. Such a classic!:)

---"Love" said...

That really is a very pretty quilt, and no doubt someone is going to love it! We had 20 degree weather yesterday morning, but no snow, and I'm glad! No freeze expected tonight but maybe this weekend again. Stay warm! You might need to get under that pretty quilt! ---"Love"

Julie in GA said...

I love your Bear Paws quilt--such beautiful colors!

Nann said...

Such a lovely colorway! Big blocks means more chunks busted.