Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Sugar Sugar

Star #11 from Sugar Loaf wedges. 

Star #12 from Sugar Loaf wedges. 

Goal is 25 stars for a quilt designed by Pam Buda called Flashes of Brilliance found in the October 2015 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting. I've been trying to make at least one block a week. 


 More Sugar Plum blocks using scraps from my Peppermint Twist quilt. I follow the tutorial at Susies-Scraps but I've substitute my 8 inch width scraps in place of her 10 inch scraps so I end up with a smaller block.  These will alternate, I think, with some red fabric triangles and will probably make a lap quilt. 


2 comments:

gayle said...

Sugar loaves and sugar plums! How sweet!

momto1 said...

You I’ve had so many designs that I called my favorites, but I think this one tops them all. I love that sugar loaf. I may have to make one for myself!