Thursday, November 5, 2020

'30s Thursday - Economy Blocks


Economy Blocks

I made 24 of them this week. Now I have 42. 

I started making these to use a little box of 3.5 inch  width pieces of '30s reproduction scraps and some small chunks of '30s fabrics. I try to keep some pieces cut for these and then I quickly piece a few of them between other projects. I cut a 3.5 inch square for the center. The first round consists of two 3 inch squares cut on the diagonal. The second round consists of two 4 inch squares cut on the diagonal. 


 

9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

30's fabrics always make me smile; they are so cheery. I love your Economy blocks!
I've written a "30's Thursday" post too--I hope you don't mind me borrowing the name.

Julierose said...

Loving how cute these are in 30's repro fabrics--(now I HAVE to get me some of those.;))) )
They look great hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

30s fabrics are so pretty and the Economy blocks shows them off beautifully. Your total is growing nicely.

mangozz said...

I always liked the look of 30s fabrics. I wonder why these are called economy blocks? This reminds me that I have a bunch of 3" 9 patches in economy block settings in Civil War fabrics stashed away. I need to decide on a setting for them. Thanks for the reminder.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty!

Louise said...

Cute blocks! What's the finished dimension of these?

Pamela Arbour said...

I am enjoying seeing those!

gayle said...

I love these!
You've got me plotting an Economy block quilt of my own - right after I make the umpty-zillion other quilts you've inspired me to make...

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE IT! Now I have another SQUIRREL! Have a beautiful day!