Saturday, November 28, 2020

Cleaning Out The 2.5 Inch Scrap Bin and Then Some


I mentioned last week that now that I have finished up my RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) projects that use 2.5 inch scraps I want to completely empty the bin   This week I worked on cleaning out the yellow and purple scraps.  I made nine patches, cut 2.5 x 3.5 pieces and 2.5 inch squares and...

...anything less than a 2.5 inch square was sewn into strips for a future Chinese Coins quilt. 

Ditto for the purple 2.5 inch scraps. 

In other news I finished up 44 Wishing Rings with light corners. That made my goal of 312 light cornered blocks that finish at 3.5 inches. Thursday I blogged about making 56 Wishing Rings with dark corners. Now after a couple of years of making these as an RSC project I only have 32 dark corner blocks left to make and I'll have meet my goal of 624 blocks. I'm going to TRY to finish those by year end. 


 

14 comments:

maggie fellow said...

that is a lot of wedding rings - I can hardly wait to see them

Mari said...

Those yellow nine patches are very cheerful! Have fun with the last of those rings. That will be a spectacular quilt!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful job clearing everything out. Always nice to empty a bin.

The Joyful Quilter said...

How exciting it must be to see the end of a long term project approaching! Best of luck on finishing up those dark cornered squares by the end of the year. Or the end of NEXT WEEK knowing you, Cathy! :o))

Linda said...

Wow, you have been busy clearing out those 2.5” scraps. Some lovely combinations of fabrics.

swooze said...

Wow you’re really getting it done. Your scraps sound like they’re in an already usable form. I need to get mine there.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, that must feel so good to get so many pieces stitched together and things getting cleared out. I feel a little bogged down and could certainly benefit from doing the same. Great blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Purple and yellow are happy colors to play with! You're really on a roll with clearing out those scrap bins - way to go!

gayle said...

Only 32 more wishing rings? And then what will you do for the rest of the afternoon? ;)

Julierose said...

You have to be the most productive and fascinating piecer I know;)))
I am like the turtle to your haring around...hahaha
Anyway--love thoe wishing rings--so pretty...nice work emptying out your bins...hugs from afar, Julierose

---"Love" said...

All your scraps bins for every color in the rainbow must surely be getting close to empty! You've come up with lots of pretty quilts! I'm wondering what you will do when you get these last blocks together. Will you be going to all the fabric stores again? ---"Love"

Cathy said...

Go, Cathy, go! you can finish those dark-cornered wishing rings in your sleep, LOL!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your blocks with 2-1/2" squares. Ok, tell me on the wishing ring blocks, is each wishing ring block 3-1/2"? If so, how tiny are your pieces?

grammajudyb said...

Wow, you can see the finish line on the Wedding Rings. It will be spectacular! I admire the “using up “ of your 2.5 “ squares. I have so many!