Thursday, November 12, 2020

'30s Thursday


 Remember those Little Baskets I was making out of waste triangles left over from making Indian Hatchet blocks with left overs from Churn Dashes made of '30s reproduction fabrics? Well,  even though I don't have enough Little Baskets or Hollow Nine Patches I decided to start sewing the blocks together in a diagonal layout.  I think it measures around 56 inches across at the top right now so I'm not quite half way finished with it. I'm aiming for a quilt around 60 x 80. And now I need to go make more blocks. 

9 comments:

Linda said...

The blocks go together very well.

gayle said...

Your 30s Thursdays could also be called Cheerful Thursdays! What a bright happy quilt!

Nann said...

"Hollow nine patch." I like that description! Good block combo, too.

Vivian said...

Pretty! Great use of your leftovers!

Emily said...

This is so cheerful looking!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm surprised that you have begun assembly before all of the blocks are done. Do you do that often? LOVE how it's coming together!

Pamela Arbour said...

That’s a great plan. I know you can do it

audrey said...

Love these!

QuiltGranma said...

This is so darling!