Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Path


My weekly 12 Drunkard's Path blocks. 
Hopefully this is not your path tonight or in life. 
Some of our family members past and present have suffered from alcoholism and drug addictions.  I am thankful I am not one of them. 

I do like to go off the beaten path. So instead of Drunkard's Path my quilt will be named 
Off the Beaten Path. 

96 out of 152 blocks completed! 

All my holiday visitors are gone now except for the grandkids who are celebrating New Year's with us tonight as they have every year since birth.  We will play some games after dinner and toot our party squawkers about nine o'clock since that is about the latest I can stay awake.

Happy New Year! 


11 comments:

Linda said...

Just about to put the light out here in the UK. Only 10.30pm but, like you, unable to stay awake until midnight! Happy New Year!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy new year to you - I doubt I will be awake past 10:30 I like to go to bed the same time every night and get up close to the same time every morning - I feel out of sorts if I don't. Spending the evening with the grandkids sounds like a great thing to do

gayle said...

Happy New Year!

Quilting Babcia said...

I think there are as many early parties as the midnight-plus ones! I'd love to be in bed now, but the puppy needs one more walk about in the yard around 10:00, then it's lights out for us too. Happy New Year!!

MissPat said...

Several years ago, our small group of quilters and spouses decided to abandon our New Year's Eve get together and have a New Year's Day brunch instead. Much more civilized and we all manage to stay awake. Happy New Year.
Pat

mangozz said...

Happy New Year Cathy!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Happy New Year Cathy!

Julianne said...

Happy New Year Cathy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the name for your quilt project - and Happy New Year to you, too. (we were in bed by 10 - no midnight nonsense for us either)

Kathy S. said...

Happy New Year, Cathy. Love all the polka dots and stripe combos. You always make the fabric scraps work the best! My SIL has been sober for 2 years. I never knew the terrible disease until she came to live with us to be sober. It will be 3 years in February.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Off the Beaten Path is looking great!!! I like your time frame for New Years ;-)