Wednesday, December 6, 2017

More Bohemian Roosters Join The Flock

Boho Rooster #3 

These are 20 inch blocks and are not yet attached to any background fabric. I'm just auditioning some when I take photos.  I'm going to make all 16 blocks first before I add the pieced backgrounds. 


Boho Rooster #4

Instructions for making these Sunburst blocks can be found in Kathy Doughty's book Making Quilts. (My version is a little wilder, I guess).    I'm fussy cutting my rooster centers from Susan Winget fabric named Bohemian Rooster Click. 

I found these roosters eyeing those Speedy Chicks over at Sally's coop.   I might be forced to follow the tutorial and manufacture some to keep these roosters happy. 

15 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

These blocks are going to make a fabulous quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Have fun choosing your background fabrics - I like the ones you've shown so far.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very pretty block

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are rocking their Auditions!!

Ellen said...

Fantastic! I love the blue fabric in the first block.

Linda said...

Those Bohemian roosters qr great. I can see you are eying those speedy chicks as well as the roosters!

Lynette said...

These are so fun!! Nice cutting work on the striped fabric.

Janie said...

Nice work on your roosters. And the fast chic face off is fun.
Your roosters will have quite a time sorting out those fast chicks.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These blocks are looking wonderful! Great fussy cutting with that stripe fabric, and I do like your background choices. Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Ann said...

I need more conversation fabric. These blocks look fabulous but the centers are the cherry on top. I've been eyeing the bunny tutorials on her blog. I know a young man who loves his bunny.

Louise said...

Well now you've got me wondering what speedy chicks are so I'm off to read all your links after admiring your handsome boho boys...

mangozz said...

You are right. Your blocks are a little wild. But there's nothing wrong with that. You are creative and it's just your interpretation of the design. I had to check out the Speedy Chickens you mentioned and I definitely think you need another project. Seriously. They are adorable.

gayle said...

Swooning here...

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

These blocks are going to be stunning. Your fabric choices are simply wonderful!

Kaja said...

I love this rooster fabric and the wild blocks you are setting it in.