Friday, December 1, 2017

Kaleidoscope of Butterflies

A group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope and this month I have a kaleidoscope of hexie butterflies to add to my All Creatures Great and Small quilt.  I now have 75 hexies. 

These are large hexies so they go pretty fast. I make my own papers using the graph paper generated at Incompetech.  And actually I'm reusing some of the papers I took out of A Rainbow of  Favorite Things lap quilt that I made several years ago (below).   Once you print the paper you can subdivide your hexagon into all sorts of different configurations.  I'm not that creative so use only about five or six different configurations but that's enough to keep it interesting to me. 

A Rainbow of Favorite Things. 

It's been a lot of fun seeing all the butterfly inspired projects as well as kaleidoscopes while co-hosting Kaleidoscope of Butterflies with Ann. This will be the last link up. I don't think we will continue into 2018.   But I still have my liberated butterflies and blue collar kaleidoscope quilts to work on and I'll still be trying to lure butterflies into the garden so you haven't seen the last of kaleidoscopes or butterflies here.



6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

That's quite a collection of butterfly fabric! So pretty. I love working with hexagons and all the variations of pieced hexagons.

cspoonquilt said...

Wonderful butterflies! Love those hexes wish I had the patience to make some! cheers!

Linda said...

You have a wonderful collection of butterfly fabrics. Look forward to seeing what you produce next year even though you are not continuing with Ann.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such lovely colourwork and so much to see in this project

Louise said...

I'm a little sad to see your linky go, but I understand that these things do have a lifespan and when they are ready to be finished, they are finished! Just wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed the Kaleidoscope, though :)

Janie said...

Beautiful butterfly fabric and great hexagons.
Thanks for hosting Kaleidoscope.