Thursday, December 7, 2017

A Tale of Birds in the Air - Chapter VI - White Bird Flimsy





White Bird 
It's now a flimsy! 
76 x 88

I was a Block Lotto winner of several of these Birds in the Air blocks in January 2016.  The challenge was to make them all work together nicely since not everyone stitches the same 1/4 inch seam.  And I'm all right with that. I made a lot more blocks to add to the winnings so I could have a bigger quilt.  While researching layouts I found one I liked that was even in similar colors but in reverse from the blocks I had.  I made some Flying Geese for the borders. 


This White Bird is the second of three different Birds in the Air quilts I've been working on. 

Chapters I - V of  A Tale of Birds in the Air 







13 comments:

Karen said...

Ì really like how you have put it together. I particularly like your all your borders. As I delete the mailing list for blocks after I mail mine, I can never remember which winner I sent my blocks to...so I peer closely at the finished quilts to see if any are mine! Sometimes I think I see one or two!

I do hope that Sophie feels up to continuing the BL, it has stretched my skills, and it's nice to only make a few blocks instead of a whole quilt's worth.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that pattern!

Linda said...

Great use of those lotto blocks. You have created another super quilt flimsy. The flying geese border sets it off beautifully.

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful!! I love the layout of your blocks, and the flying geese border is the perfect finishing touch.

Dorothy said...


Fabulous !!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Wonderful!

mangozz said...

Beautiful finish! Although I love your flying geese border on this quilt, I am not going to want to see any more after I finish mine for the mystery quilt I am working on. I am just a tiny bit more than half done, and by that I mean "one" (1) more than half the number I need. I have been making them forever. Also, I've been sewing the 9-patches for hours today and I'm only 2/3 done and the new clue comes out tomorrow. I thought I'd be all caught up by now. Are you all ready for the next clue?

Nana said...

This is lovely and I think my favorite of all the chapters.

Janie said...

Your 'white bird' flimsy is classic.
I like the borders, nice flying geese.

Nann said...

The FG border is perfect! I like the way the wings bring out the different tones in the BITA blocks.

Ann said...

This Birds in Air has turned out so well. Love the colors and the borders. It is difficult at times to fit group blocks into a quilt but you've done so well. Congratulations.

Louise said...

Great layout! Birds in the air and geese on the wing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! that is a stunning quilt!