Thursday, December 14, 2017

Flimsy Glitter


Glitter
66.5 x 73

It's a flimsy!

 Instructions for this quilt can be found in the book Quilt Lovely by Jen Kingwell

This was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project I started in January 2017.  I made a few blocks each month from 3.5 inch scraps in the RSC color of the month. The points and corresponding pieces were in the color of the month then I used other colors of scraps for the background and four squares. 

I sewed the 152 blocks together randomly. 

I need to find and probably piece a backing and then it will be hand quilted. 

I'm glad to say that getting this to flimsy stage was my December OMG (One Monthly Goal) and my goal has been met! I'll link up later in the month at Elm Street Quilts. 

17 comments:

Sue SA said...

Very pretty, such a great scrap quilt. Well done on finishing such a big flimsy in December!

Linda said...

You have done so well to create this flimsy in such a short time. Great blocks, and I love the pops of yellow.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is beautiful! I love all the color. I really like scrappy quilts the best, and yours are the best!

mangozz said...

OMG this quilt is gorgeous! I can't believe you put it together so fast. How do you decide how you are going to quilt something like this? And where do you start?

Angie said...

Wow! Glitter looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

gayle said...

Wowzers! That was fast! I ADORE this quilt!
(And I really really really need to get back to mine!)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job getting the top of this beauty finished up in the same year you started it. I love RSC quilts!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, it really does glitter -- and sparkle, too. It's a beautiful quilt top!

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow! Congratulations. You did a great job.

Quilter Kathy said...

Spectacular quilt! I adore it!

Barb Neiwert said...

Scrapiness at its best!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice....

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on meeting your monthly goal and finishing such a beautiful quilt top.

Cathy said...

Wow, this turned out beautifully, didn’t it?!! A perfect scrappy happy flimsy!!

Julianne said...

You are amazing, I love all your quilts!

Nann said...

Glitter indeed! Congratulations on finishing the flimsy. I look forward to seeing what you choose for RSC 2018.

Patty said...

Gorgeous! I love that you are planning on hand quilting this. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.