Saturday, December 9, 2017

Little Gifts


I made a few potholders for Christmas gifts.  For these I used Insulbrite and cotton flannel inside.   The one with mushrooms is for my daughter who loves to forage for mushrooms.  This is one side. 


This is the other side. 


And to go with the potholders...dishtowels, crocheted dishrags and crocheted scrubbies.  I usually use old embroidery transfers and embroider on the towels but this year I added a strip across the bottom of the towels that matches the potholders.   Looks like I'm a scrubby short but I probably have one in my "gifty box".  I try to keep a box of things like these so I have gifts for any occasion but it looks like that box is getting low. 

I made a special set for my good friend who claims she is an African Queen.  (It's a harmless delusion so I play along). She is the complete opposite of me but other than that she is exactly like me. Won't she have a good laugh when I give her some African Queen potholders.  (She gives me gifts suitable for a bonnie Irish lass - my harmless delusion). 

(She doesn't know I have a blog so I can show her gift. I don't want her here visiting. She'd go overboard with gushing even when things aren't really gushworthy. Ah, friends!)

7 comments:

Terry said...

Very nice, I like giving home made gifts too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was thinking of doing some feed sack towels like that with patchwork around the edge

Linda said...

Great gift sets. Love the mushroom one.

Louise said...

Very nice gifties! Great idea to match the potholders and towels. What do you make the scrubbies out of that makes them rough enough to scrub?

Cathy said...

Let the gushing begin! Your gifties are so cute, thoughtful and useful. And I bet they were fun to make to boot. I just want you to share your alternate universe portal with us so we can turn our 24-hour days into your 48-hour days (which is the only explanation to how you get so much done,)

Ellen said...

Great gifts! I think I have to follow your lead and have a stash of dishcloths etc all ready for gift giving. This week I will working on making gifts.

Sharon said...

Very cute gift idea! I think potholders are a great gift, and matching the towels to them is a great idea!