Monday, August 5, 2024

Orphan Block Top Quincy

Orphan Block Top 
Quincy
40 x 52

I made Sawtooth Stars with green backgrounds using 6.5 inch centers that were crumb blocks or...

...or other 6.5 inch orphan blocks. 


And sew on...

****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

August 3 - Hubby's birthday! He is now 74 years old.  Funny thing...I've been taking care of some of his medical needs and in the process I have to give his birthdate. I have given out his birthdate so many times over the last year that recently when asked for MY birthdate I automatically gave his!

August 4 - Speaking of hubby's medical needs...I was starting to get rather depressed writing so many checks for hubby's medical bills. Several months ago I decided to set aside the same amount of money I spend on his bills toward a "roses fund" for me. You know how much I LOVE roses! Well, Heirloom Roses was having a BOGO 50% off sale this week so I took money out of my "roses fund" and bought 4 new roses to be delivered in September - Arboroses Jasmine and Honeymoon, All Dressed Up and Carefree Wonder.  I really should put the money toward a "new roof fund" but where is the fun in that? 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your financial management style. Maybe next chunk of matching funds for the roof, eh?

Ceci

Nann said...

Happy birthday to John! And good for you to treat yourself to some new roses.

Nann said...

And, P.S. Quincy looks pretty good, too.

Julierose said...

Happy Birthday to your DH; great that you treated yourself to new roses...
We are so tired of all this heat and humidity--but I must say
that my one climbing rose loves it...hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

Quincy looks great with all its different centre stars. Happy birthday to John. I hope the heat and humidity aren't bothering him too much. Enjoy! ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

Cathy, I've been 'missing in action' for over a week or so and now only just reading posts. Once again you've shown an amazing collection of your beautiful scrap quilts, always good to see you've been working your magic with fabric!

Marianne said...

What a great way to use 6" orphans! Love it!

mangozz said...

Good to hear that you're treating yourself with new roses. Happy birthday to your hubby.

RyLynn said...

I'm not sure why, but Quincy made me smile a huge smile when i opened your blog. Maybe it's all the stars or the wonderful green hues. What I do know is that whoever gets this will be happy and well comforted. You are such a pro at these orphan quilts. Glad you are nourishing your soul with the roses you love.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The Roses Fund is a most excellent idea - good for you! And Quincy has become a favorite of your orphan quilts. Happy Birthday to your DH (and oh, do I know what you mean about giving out the "wrong" birthdate - I handle a lot of younger son's insurance/medical/pharmacy details and I have to stop and catch myself when my pharmacy asks for MY birthday).

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to hubby and Happy Roses to you.

gayle said...

Roses > roofs (rooves?)
And late Happy Bday to hubby!