Sunday, August 25, 2024

A Crumb Finish

Crumb Quilt
It's a finish!
42 x 60



A few years ago a member of the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild offered up some quilt blocks. I raised my hand and said I would gladly take them. My intent was to use them to make pieced quilt backs because I'm always short on those.  These blocks just seemed to go together and so I made a backing out of them. But I have never found the perfect front for this back so it became a front and I fould a backing for it. 

You can tell I didn't make these crumb blocks because compared to my crumbs the crumbs in these blocks are large economy sized. 

The crumb blocks came already framed with the black and the red gingham. I put them together then added a side border to get to the desired width. 

Then I just added 6.5 inch squares to the top and bottom. 

I quilted it with vertical lines...no exact measurements and not evenly spaced....just vertical lines. 
The backing and binding are the same fabric.

And now it is ready for donation.
This is donation quilt finish #51 for the year! Next month I think I will try to finish up some twin sized donation quilts. 

And sew on...

CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

August 24 - Marshall Dry Goods had Weave Tonal fabrics on clearance for $1.85 per yard if a bolt was purchased. I bought a bolt of black and rust. I can use them for backings or backgrounds. They arrived yesterday and I already have plans for both bolts. 

 

5 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

It turned out beautifully!

Mystic Quilter said...

They're giant crumb blocks! You came up with a good idea to add to alternate blocks with black borders, very effective.

Anonymous said...

That's a fun wonky quilt.
And, thank you for telling us about the discounted price on the MDG Weave fabric. I just had a lovely time looking over their colors and patterns. That Weave pattern looks quite useful.
Laura Haynes

Anonymous said...

"Back front" is quite pretty. I like the big bold squares.

Nann said...

"I have never found the perfect front for this back so it became a front." And I actually understand what you meant! LOL.