Friday, August 16, 2024

It's A Finish! Arkansas Crossroads

Arkansas Crossroads
44 x 44
It's a finish! 

A couple of years ago a couple of different folks gave me baggies of 2 inch squares. I was able to make several quilts from all that goodness.   I finished this top back in September 2023 - 12 inch Arkansas Crossroads blocks with sashing. 

I quilted it with dark brown thread and with horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines. 

The backing and binding are plaid - a small piece I've had around for a long time that I must have picked up at the DAV (Disabled American Vets) thrift store because it still had an old price tag of 65 cents on it.  There was just enough of it for this quilt so it was evidently meant to be. 

And sew on...


CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

August 15 - Rain! We received some much needed rain. I was going to take hubby into the DOT to get his license renewed (can't do it online if over 70) but he didn't feel like getting up to go out in the rain.  Since I couldn't go out and do any gardening and since I didn't feel like doing any housework I retreated to the sewing space and treated myself to a day of mostly sewing. I did a lot of piecing and loved watching all the different fabrics go by under the needle. 

 

9 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the pops of warm colors with the darker fabric background.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is so colorful, it's very much a happy quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The striped sashing looks great on this one. We got rain, two days in a row. We needed it badly too.

Nann said...

That's the most unusual Arkansas Crossroads setting I've seen -- you've definitely taught an old block some new tricks. And hooray for using up fabric long-in-the-stash.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is really pretty, Cathy! I love all those brights together. This is one of those blocks that can make a completely different quilt depending on color and layout - always fun to see! We're celebrating rain here in Colorado, too!

Jenny said...

That's a pretty one, just like big blooming flowers.

gayle said...

My first thought on seeing this quilt was "Oooo!!! Flower garden!" And a pretty flower garden it is, too!

Pamela Arbour said...

I love all of the colors you used in this quilt. So scrumptious! I think I figured out why sometimes my comments come in as anonymous. I tried to reply to this message from my phone and it came up anonymous, so I waiting until I could reply from my computer. No problem.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those solids really pop in this quilt!!