Monday, March 7, 2022

Sixteen Patch Finish!


Sixteen Patch
It's a finish!
40 x 60



I finished the top just a short time ago. The homespuns and plaids came from one quilty friend and the solid scraps came from another.  

I've been trying to quilt up some of the smaller sized tops (normally around 40x60) I have around here so I can get them donated. I decided to pin baste and quilt two at a time and at least one of them has to be a UFO before I can quilt one made this year. Yesterday's quilt was the UFO. 

For the binding I used quilt back trimmings from the Friendship Star quilts I recently finished. 



I quilted it very simply on my DSM with horizontal and vertical lines. The backing, as you can see,, is a striped fabric that has been around for awhile. This seemed  to be the perfect backing for this quilt. 

And sew on...

 

12 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

You seem to get the most fantastic scraps from your friends and you do a fantastic job out of coordinating them. I just love to see them. I've probably told you a bunch of times, but my most favorite quilts are scrap quilts! I've loved them since I was a little girl. My grandmother made me a pretty quilt embroidered with the state flowers and my boy cousins each got a scrap quilt. I loved those scrap quilts!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finish! The quilt pulls all together and love the backing and binding! It is a strong quilt.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty...even the simple patterns get that zing factor with the right colors/fabrics...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great plan for alternating UFOs with new quilts for quilting, Cathy! Congrats on another wonderful donation finish.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Linda said...

I love this quilt, it’s the strong colours that really catch my eye. Combining the gifted solid scraps with the plaids works so well. Who doesn’t like a 16 patch block - or 9 patch - 4 patch?

loulee said...

That looks like an incredibly cosy quilt.

Nann said...

A wonderful combination of prints and colors.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is so attractive. I have made so many 16 patch quilts but I've never used plaid. I might have to try that to use up some yardage.

Sandy Panagos said...

So many great finishes lately!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like those plaid and solid blocks!!

QuiltGranma said...

now if I just had more solids in my stash to make something similar!