Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Double Four Patch Finish

Double Four Patch
It's a finish!
42 x 54

I just noticed that I took photos of this Double Four Patch back on January 12 but never got around to blogging about it. So now I will.

In March 2021 I was given a couple of bags of scraps and this is one of several tops I made back then from all of the green scraps in the bag plus my own green scraps which were overflowing back then. Actually, now that I look at it I think a lot of the lime green 3.5 inch squares came from a different scrap donor a few years ago and that is why I decided to make a Double Four Patch with half of the blocks made in lime green. 

Funny how this layout for Double Four Patch looks like it could be made with Four Patches and alternating Sixteen Patches. 

I quilted it on the diagonal in green thread. 

It's all washed up and cuddly and ready for donation. 

The backing and binding. And, hey, I'm getting pretty good at sewing binding on by machine! I prefer to sew it down by hand but most places where I donate quilts have requested it be sewn by machine for durability. 

And sew on...

 

20 comments:

Linda said...

Great quilt. I always like how this style of quilt has the distinct diagonal lines going through it. Lots to look at.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I always sew my binding on by machine. No apologies. Love the quilt today- so spring like.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love, love, ❤️ and love ❤️ !!!!!!!

Vicki in MN said...

What a great quilt to post for March, it says St. Patty's day very well!!

JCH said...

I don't usually care for green except on grass and trees but this is quite pretty. Must be the lime green pops :)

gayle said...

I just love the strong diagonals in this one so much! And all the greens, of course!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great donation quilt. So pretty!

Candra said...

Lovely work. God bless!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The lime green just sets off the other greens so nicely. I like making the double 4 patch and that is interesting that it could be constructed 2 different ways.

Cathy said...

What a great quilt. March is such a perfect month for green! I think this is a great way to use up lots of smaller green scraps! (*mental note made!)

Pam Dempsey said...

Love everything about this, just so beautiful 😻!!!!

mangozz said...

What a great quilt design a double 4 patch makes! It's the perfect quilt for March.

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous St Patrick's day quilt! Such a lovely variety of greens!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I always love a good one color quilt. So much variety can be found in a single color.

Laura said...

I am still trying to master sewing binding by machine. I am much better at it, but my corners are lousy. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE! This. Quilt!!! You had me at GREEN. That addition of LIME put me over the top, Cathy. Swoon... Time to add a new project to my list! :o))

Rozz said...

Great quilt inspiration.

QuiltGranma said...

Wow, that is a LOT of greens!

Nann said...

Nice! I've contemplated making an all-green quilt because I have a LOT of green (well, heck, I have a LOT of all the other colors) but I've hesitated because all-green may be TOO green. But the blue-greens among the yellower-greens and the lights and darks all combine wonderfully.