Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Little Finish

A finish!
40 x 50

Last year someone with the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild (SOQG)  offered up a box of 12 inch blocks. I waved my hand and yelled "pick me, pick me" and she did. Well, I am always short of quilt backings so I thought I would use the blocks to piece some quilt backings.  Well, this top was in with the blocks. 

It was so full of cute cheery fabrics. 

I couldn't use it as a quilt backing. 
Anyway, I finally pieced a backing and now have it all quilted with some spirals. I made a scrappy binding using several different multicolor scraps. 

The backing is pieced-- a vintage-y hot air balloon fabric I picked up at the thrift store ages ago and the end of a little wilder fabric. 

Now it is ready for donation. 

And sew on...

 

17 comments:

Laura said...

Sweet! The hot air balloon fabric and all the bright cheery colors definitely do belong together! :)

mangozz said...

I'm glad you chose not to use that quilt top as a backing. Some little kid is going to love that quilt.

gayle said...

That's a cheerful rainbow that will make someone's world a whole lot better!

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun! I do love a scrappy binding :)

Julierose said...

Wonderful cheery quilt--I can see why it had to become a quilt front;))
Nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Love everything about this quilt! The interesting gifted blocks, the pieced backing, the scrappy binding and, of course, the back story!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Why on Earth would someone put that adorable quilt top in a scrap bag? It turned out SEW cute!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The happy colors in this quilt top are EXACTLY what I needed to see today. Thanks!

cityquilter grace said...

excellent score...it is soo cheery!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful quilt, so cheery and made me smile.

Mom said...

This is so Cute!

BrendaLou said...

So glad you could use my blocks. The top was in good hands too❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome! I love it;s bright scrappiness!

Catskill Quilter said...

What a delight! It is SO happy and cheerful -- perfect!

Carol E. said...

Cute and adorable!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a Happy QUilt!

Sandy Panagos said...

How cute! Great use of those blocks.