Sunday, March 27, 2022

Every Once In Awhile A Girl Needs a Quickie


Wiggle Time Top

Someone recently sent me 5 Fat Quarters (FQs) and I bought Cynthia's Wiggle Time pattern quite some time ago and I had a piece of fabric long enough for a background so...voila!...I whipped up a quick and easy top. AND I think I may have something for the backing but it may need a few pieces of something else added. So, this top may actually end up getting quilted in the same year the top is made which is very unusual for me. 



I've had the Wiggle Time pattern for quite awhile and this is the first time I've used it. I usually don't have FQs around and it never seems like I can decide on five fabrics that go together. When I can figure out five fabrics that go together then I don't have yardage for the background that matches. So then I move on to something else. 

This was quick and easy and and now that I know how it is constructed I think I have some orphan blocks I'll use to make one next. Or maybe some crumbs.  And sew on...


 

11 comments:

Linda said...

Brilliant use of the gifted 5 fat quarters. I’ve seen Cynthia’s quilts using this pattern and always admired them. I love how your mind is already working on opportunities to use orphans and crumbs!

Julie in GA said...

Wiggle Time is a great pattern, easy to make and it looks terrific. I'm intrigued by your idea of using crumb blocks for the squares!

Kathy S. said...

Your process of getting a pattern and not using it right away is right up my alley. Can't wait to see what you do next with this pattern (that will fit my stash situation.). LOL on quilting something the same year the top was made. I know that too well too. Happy quilting.

Preeti said...

Take it from this girl, a quickie can be very gratifying indeed :-D looks like you had a great time in the process and the result is adorable!!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your wiggle time turned out great! I keep thinking that I NEED to buy this pattern, too!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun quilt! It's also rare for me to start and finish a quilt in the same year.

gayle said...

Wiggle well done!
And I love how you're already thinking 'what else can I do with this?'!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute Wiggle Time quilt top, Cathy!! I really hope you do a scrappy version soon. Love, love, LOVE your scrap quilts!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love it Cathy! I have always wanted to make it with little house blocks that wiggle across the quilt. Keeping the direction straight take some thinking but I think you have some little house blocks tucked away somewhere!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is cute!
It would be fun with orphans!!

grammajudyb said...

I love this pattern! It goes together so easily! I made one with directional fabric and it only took a little more thinking! It was fun! Crumb blocks? Be still my heart! ❤️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค