Friday, February 25, 2022

A Sixteen Patch Top

Sixteen Patch Top
40 x 60

It will be a donation quilt when finished. 

I didn't take my usual clothesline photo because I don't want to brave the ice outside on the back steps or the icicles hanging on the clothesline. 

Someone recently sent me some plaid and homespun fabrics. Someone else recently sent me some scraps with some solids. 

I was looking for something easy to make - something that would not require much thinking - so decided to make some strip pieced Sixteen Patch blocks from some of the fabrics I was given. I decided on ten inch blocks made of 3 inch strips for a kiddo sized donation quilt. 

Today I will make some Four Patches from the strip ends and see if I can whip up another top.





 

14 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You made such a great quilt out of fabric I would not know what to do with as they are my least favorites. Nice finish!

cityquilter grace said...

so pretty...even simple squares can zing with the right fabric

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love that quilt!! and the setting is perfect - it just makes it look comfy and cozy!!!
And that ice.... stay away!!

Nann said...

I agree with Grace -- the fabrics do the work in this lovely combination.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Mindless sewing for the win, Cathy!! You used some scraps to make something that will soon keep a child cozy and warm.

Linda said...

The look a like solids contrast so well against the alternate blocks. This will make a very cheerful quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the plaid and striped shirt scraps mixed with the solids! Those blocks made such a fun quilt.

gayle said...

Now THERE's a quilt to cuddle up in!

sue s said...

A good use for the homespuns. I have a bunch of cut up shirts that would be great for this. Sometimes simple is what's needed.

Pamela Arbour said...

Laying on your couch is a perfect back drop for that quilt. Those type of simple patchwork quilts are my favorite.

mangozz said...

It looks so warm and cozy already! Aren't 16 Patches fun to make?

QuiltGranma said...

One similar will be... hopefully ... soon under my needle. Yours is very beautiful.

Sandy Panagos said...

What fun! Those beautiful solids and monochromatic pieces are the perfect complement for the plaids. Love it.

---"Love" said...

Those blocks made a really pretty quilt! I need to make a lot of blocks with my scraps! ---"Love"