Saturday, February 26, 2022

Blue-Green Scraps

Blue-green (and all the variants like aqua and teal) is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for  February.  Good thing I don't have many scraps in that color because I just now got around to making some blocks. 

First up are 12 inch The Dandy Quilt blocks. 

5 x 9.5 inch scraps get made into Horizon blocks for donation quilts I'll make at year end. (Blocks in a couple of other colors snuck into there too.)

At the top are 3 six inch Hourglass blocks. I make those with 2 inch width scraps and the blocks will be combined with a big stack of Four Patches at year end for donation quilts.  I cut the Hourglass QST pieces with an Easy Angle Companion ruler. I cut the beginning and end of the 2 inch piece off with the Easy Angle ruler so it is not wasted. I made little 3 inch Broken Dishes bocks with those pieces. I finally got the red pieces cut last month sewn together too. 

And speaking of 2 inch width scraps and 3 inch finished blocks...well,, I made a few Bow Tie blocks from my blue-green scraps. 

And I made a few six inch finished Bear Paw blocks. 

And I made a couple of 12 inch Wonky Log Cabin blocks with 4 inch novelty centers with black backgrounds. 


 

16 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It's a block bonanza!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome blocks in AQUA/TEAL, etc., Cathy!! Several of them make me want to start another block collection. Sigh...

Mari said...

Great block collections! Some really pretty quilts in the making.

Nann said...

All the blues with the other-color accents make this look like a tropical pool. Thanks for the link to the Horizon blocks!

Linda said...

Beautiful collection of blocks! The bear Paws are awesome.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always have great block ideas! I love the bear paws and the bow ties, too.

grammajudyb said...

I agree with Joyful! You have fabulous blocks! Always letting the squirrel loose! Which ones shall I try?

gayle said...

Some of your blocks should definitely come with a Squirrel Warning. Possibly ALL your blocks...

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love the wide variety in the way you use aqua/teal in your blocks!

Ivani said...

Great use of teals scraps, and beautiful blocks, love the tiny bow ties.

Linda said...

Great collection of blocks. Love the Dandy quilt blocks (new to me) and the Bear Paws.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really really like the aqua and pink together.

Susie H said...

Wow! So far you are the Scrap Buster Queen in my book! Great month, great job! I really love the Wonky Log Cabins. The black backgrounded (is that a word?) centers are perfect and your Bear Paw blocks are sweet as well.

mangozz said...

I've never heard of the Dandy blocks but yours are awesome in that color combo!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh you have a great collection of blocks!!!

Sandy Panagos said...

Those teal prints in your Dandy Quilt blocks are so cool! All your projects are coming along great.