Friday, October 4, 2019

It's a Flimsy! Out of the Blue


 It's a flimsy! It's a quilt top! 
Out of the Blue
83 x 90


 It is a Quiltfolk pattern inspired by a vintage quilt.  The traditional block name is Smoothing Iron or Road to Florida. 

I used blue tone on tones (TOTs) for the triangles and warm TOTs for the stars. When I mentioned in a blog post that I wasn't sure I had enough blue TOTs to complete the quilt top a box of blue scraps arrived out of the blue from a kind and generous quilty friend. What a wonderful surprise that was!  





15 comments:

Alison V. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a beauty! Like a faceted gemstone. How large did you cut your base triangles?

---"Love" said...

Very nice! I like it! Those blues are beautiful! ---"Love"

SandyPA said...

Phenomenal finish! I really like how the blues create a soothing background for the hot hues to burst forth. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

em's scrapbag said...

My mom has a vintage quilt in this pattern. Your's turned out beautifully!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a spectacular finish!!! LOVE the colors and the contrast!!

grammajudyb said...

Wow, just wow!!

gayle said...

Oh, that's just flat out stunning!
Wow!
Wow wow wow!

Pamela Arbour said...

That is outstanding!

Louise said...

Another beauty! I love ones like this where the geometry of the pattern is the star of the show :)

Rebecca Grace said...

Oooh!!! It's gorgeous! Like a stained glass window in a cathedral! Great job!

Emily said...

Stunning!!!!! Love the color palette!

Kaja said...

I love the way this one sparkles - great colour choices!

Nicole said...

This is one of my my favourite colour combos, so I like the quilt very much!

Anonymous said...

Would you share the pattern for smoothing iron / road to Florida?