Wednesday, October 23, 2019

And the Quilting Marathon Goes On!

 Another finish!
40 x 60
This one was a round robin I participated in last year with members of the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild.    It will be donated to Wrap-A-Smile. 

I started the ball rolling with this row of kaleidoscope blocks. 

 I did something I've never done before - quilt each row differently.  The elephants got some stippling and the background was loops and stars. 
 This section got some circuit board type quilting. 
 This section with sailboats and an octopus and fish got some waves and bubbles. 
We aren't supposed to use holiday fabrics in these donation quilts but, shhhhh, I hid some Easter Eggs in the binding - some fabric sent to me by a quilty friend. Since no one will be going on an Easter Egg hunt I'll bet no one notices what is in that binding. 
The backing??  Some giant polka dots. 

for


Do you feel like you have an addiction to charity quilting??  If so, then Sunshine Online Quilt Guild might just be able to offer the support you need so you don't kick the habit! 

8 comments:

Linda said...

Another great quilt. Particularly love the bottom section with the boats bobbing about surrounded by waves and bubbles. How did the Round Robin work? Everyone making a row?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your elephants - I saw some where the elephants made up the whole quilt - but I like this better being a row by row of different things

QuiltGram said...

Congratulations with these cheerful quilts that are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. Honestly, it takes a wonderful heart to make so many quilts to help others that you don’t even know. I’m always thankful when I come across a Giving heart.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally excellent. Congrats on trying the different styles of quilting in one quilt!

Ann said...

Congratulations on another finish. It's great to get these out of the house and off to their new home, isn't it?

MissPat said...

I love this one - a perfect kid quilt. colorful and light-hearted. You do good work (and lots of it).
Pat

Louise said...

It's fun to change up the quilting, isn't it? I'm so glad to see this one ready to go to WAS. And I think some subtle fancy eggs are within the acceptable limits :)

Emily said...

Love all the colors in this! So fun! Can you tell me more about the Sunshine online guild? Do you all donate to different organizations or are there set ones? Do completed quilts need to be mailed?